Penspen has excellent opportunities for Assistant Gas Technicians (FCO) with some previous experience to join our growing team based in the East Midlands region. Reporting to our regional supervisor the main tasks for this role will be to assist in the safe operation, maintenance, repair and improvement of our clients’ assets in the Energy sector.
We are seeking applicants who are Gas Safe registered and who hold CMA1, CMET1, CMET2, REGT1, REGT2, ICPN1, TPCP1, TPCP1A and CMIT1. Good attention to detail, high IT literacy, solving technical problems quickly and efficiently and previous experience of working within the gas industry are crucial for consideration.
Candidates should be able to work in the East Midlands area on a daily basis and must have the flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the business and to work in other locations. The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Removal/Exchange/Installation and associated maintenance of gas equipment.
- Flexible working, including evening and weekend where necessary.
- Availability to take part in a standby rota system.
- Compliance with company HSE policies and reporting on any findings via company systems.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Be capable of lifting & manual handling.
- Be a Team Player and have capability to work alone.
- Participate in rota for emergency call out.
- Hold a full UK driving licence (max 6 points).
Penspen offer an attractive basic salary plus standby and call out payments, pension scheme, tools, phone / handheld device, company van, and fuel card for business use. Our current priority is for the role in East Midlands but if you are not able to work in that area then we will still welcome applicants to register on our database for future opportunities in other regions.