Penspen are looking for an accomplished and enthusiastic Cathodic Protection (CP) Technician to join our growing team. Reporting to our regional Operations Supervisor, the role will be responsible for carrying out all aspects of cathodic protection installation, monitoring and maintenance including CIPS and DCVG surveys.
Ideally, the applicants would have the following experience and qualifications, but training will be given where required.
- Level 2 (CP Technician) or Level 3 (Senior CP Technician) to BS 15257 (2017)
- Good experience in general cathodic protection monitoring, maintenance and fault finding.
- Familiarity with the DCVG and CIPS techniques
- Familiarity with the use of pipe location equipment
- EUSR Gas Safety Passport.
- SCO 1 & 2.
- TEM 2 & 4
- CCNSG Safety Passport or equivalent
- Computer literate and be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with CP data logger software and databases would be an advantage.
Candidates should be in a position to work throughout the UK and would be expected to stay away from home on occasion. They must have the flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the business. The major role responsibilities are:
- Carrying out routine CP surveys of cross-country gas pipelines.
- Carrying out CIPS and DCVG surveys.
- Installation of CP systems, both galvanic and impressed current.
- Installation of ac mitigation systems
- Assist in CP training of other technicians
- Ensuring full and detailed records are maintained.
- Compliance with company HSE policies and reporting on any findings via company systems.
Good computing skills and organisational capabilities in solving technical problems quickly and efficiently, ability to work independently are crucial for consideration. The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Be a Team Player and have capability to work alone.
- Hold a full UK driving licence (max 6 points).
Penspen offer an attractive basic salary, pension scheme, tools, phone / handheld device, company van, and fuel card for business use.Apply