Main Purpose of Role:
As a Civil & Structural and Piping Designer you be responsible for ensuring that Civil & Structural and Piping CAD work for multiple projects is completed to the approved project plans in a safe and efficient manner.
You would also oversee and male sure that all project CAD requirements are met in accordance with Penspen’s quality process and manage the interface with engineers and designers on the Civil & Structural requirements for all assigned projects.
Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
- Expert level of design experience and familiarity with Civil & Structural and Piping Gas & Oil projects.
- Extensive working knowledge of paper space/model space design techniques.
- Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD (2006 or later), Microstation and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Competent with materials quantification from drawings.
- Experience in managing and guiding a design office team within a consultancy based engineering environment.
- Experience in carrying out survey’s to existing installations for integration of additions, or to green or brown field sites to gather the necessary information to facilitate the design.
- Extensive experience in the calculation of man-hour estimates.
- The capacity to independently evaluate, organise and prioritise work working to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a multi-disciplinary environment and the ability to converse with senior management and clients.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to produce work in an extremely efficient manner.
- The ability to mentor junior designers.
- Demonstrable ability and enthusiasm to deliver efficient drafting solutions to engineering design tasks.
- HNC in an Engineering, Science or Technical subject.
It’s not technology that drives our business, it’s our people. We’re always looking for bright, competent individuals to add to our team. Working for Penspen, you’ll be able to sharpen your career skills on some of the most technically challenging and diverse engineering projects in the global energy sector. One thing’s for sure, a career with Penspen will never be dull.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our companyApply