Job location – UK wide
Penspen has excellent opportunities for Industrial & Commercial Gas Metering Technicians, with some previous experience, to join our rapidly growing UK team.
We have opportunities throughout the UK and we are currently recruiting for specific vacancies in the East Anglia, West Midlands and North West regions.
Reporting to our regional supervisor the main tasks for this role will be to assist in the safe operation, maintenance, repair and improvement of our clients’ assets in the Energy sector.
The main responsibilities for the Gas Metering Technician role include:
– Removal/Exchange/Installation and associated maintenance of metering equipment.
– Flexible working, including evening and weekend where necessary
– Availability to take part in a standby rota system.
– Compliance with company HSE policies and reporting on any findings via company systems
– Deliver an exceptional customer experience
– Ensure all work is completed safely and precisely
Gas Metering Technician Technical Requirements:
– Gas Safe registered
– CMA1, CMET1, CMET2, COCN1, TPCP1 and ICPN1 (desirable)
– Good attention to detail
– High IT literacy
– Solving technical problems quickly and efficiently
– Previous experience of working within the metering industry is crucial for consideration
Additional Gas Metering Technician Requirements:
– Be willing to cover emergency call out
– Have excellent communication and customer service skills
– Be manually dexterous
– Be capable of lifting & manual handling
– Be able to work in confined spaces
– Full UK Driving licence (max 6 points)
– Candidates should be able to work in one of the following location/region (the East Anglia, Cumbria and London) on a daily basis.
– Must have the flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the business and to work in other locations.
Industrial & Commercial Gas Metering Technician Benefits:
– An attractive basic salary plus stand-by and call out payments
– Pension scheme
– Tools, phone / Handheld device
– Company van and fuel card for business use
All successful applicants will be subject to our standard vetting procedures that include the following:
– A basic criminal records check (you should have no unspent convictions).
– Be able to prove your eligibility to work in the UK.
– Provide a full 5-year work history including any gaps in employment along with reference checks- Identity and address check.
Please click “Apply” today to apply for this Technician role! We look forward to receiving your application.Apply