Penspen are looking for an accomplished and enthusiastic Gas Technician to join our growing team in the East Anglia business area. Reporting to our regional Operations Supervisor, the main driver for this role will be safe operation, maintenance, repair and improvement of our client’s assets in the energy sector, specifically gas distribution networks.
We are seeking applicants with a minimum NVQ level 3 in Mechanical Maintenance or a similar gas industry qualification. Experience in working on gas AGIs operating up to 90bar pressure would be ideal. Good computing skills and organisational capabilities in solving technical problems quickly and efficiently, ability to work independently are crucial for consideration.
Candidates should be in a position to work throughout East Anglia on a daily basis and must have the flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the business. The major role responsibilities are:
- Monitoring condition of equipment and maintaining comprehensive records of vehicle stock.
- Ensuring full and detailed records are maintained on all plant operations.
- Carrying out assigned activities on all equipment associated with Gas transportation (planned; defect; projects activities).
- Maintaining a variety of gas process equipment; commission, overhaul, functional checks, etc.
- Compliance with company HSE policies and reporting on any findings via company systems.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Be capable of lifting & manual handling.
- Be a Team Player and have capability to work alone.
- Participate in rota for emergency call out.
- Hold a full UK driving licence (max 6 points).
Penspen offer an attractive basic salary plus standby and call out payments, pension scheme, tools, phone / handheld device, company van, and fuel card for business use. Our current priority is for the role in East Anglia but if you are not able to work in that area then we will still welcome applicants to register on our database for future opportunities in other regions.Apply