Penspen has exciting opportunities for Instrument Technicians to join our growing Asset Management business in Yorkshire and the North East region. We would love to hear from enthusiastic individuals who are looking to commence or develop a career as an Instrumentation Technician. These roles will form a key part of a highly skilled installation, maintenance & calibration team ensuring the reliable operation of High Pressure Gas Distribution Assets across the North of England (Yorkshire & Teesside area).
- Maintenance and modification of plant and equipment associated with gas transportation, e.g. pressure reduction equipment, gas quality, storage, instrumentation, electrical and metering (fiscal) to maintain the system fit for purpose.
- Installation, commissioning, preventative maintenance, fault analysis, modification, validation, repair, calibration for pressure reduction stations, district governors, gas quality equipment, data loggers, and large gas meters across all pressure tiers and varying complexities.
- Prepare plans & authorise permits as necessary to support operational procedures, including complex non-routine operations & routine operations affecting network operation and, coordinate with team providing specialist expertise or advice in complex situations.
- Supervise the work of direct and contract labour, ensuring adherence to all standards, legislation, RAM’s and subsequent method statements.
- Undertake asset inspection surveys, design and costing of modifications to Network assets, prepare documentation, technical specifications and estimates.
- Maintain records of all activities to satisfy key stakeholder requirements and third party & legislative obligations.
- Safe operation and use of mobile plant, tools and equipment, ensuring they are correctly maintained and stored and functioning in accordance with Codes of Practice, Statutory Regulations and Company Policy.
Experience and Skillset:
A previous background in maintenance, calibration, repair & fault diagnosis in Instrumentation will be required for senior level positions.
Penspen does also provide training programs and OJT (on the job training) to help achieve the required certification and skills to become a qualified Instrument Technician. We, therefore, also invite applications from newly qualified candidates or those currently pursuing vocational courses.
- We are seeking applicants qualified at ONC/HNC, B. Tech National Certificate or NVQ level 3 equivalent .
- A valid, clean UK driving licence is also essential.