Overview of role:
Will deliver Control & Instrumentation discipline engineering services for the UK and Europe region in support of green and brown field projects and studies of varying size, duration and complexity for Clients in diverse energy, oil and gas and infrastructure related industry sectors.
The role will also provide C&I support to the Europe Asset Management and Asset Integrity Service lines and occasionally other Penspen Regions.
- Ensures overall performance with regards to technical quality for C&I and that Corporate Technical Assurance requirements are met.
- Grows the C&I team and capabilities for the Bristol office.
- Develops and delivers C&I related scope for studies and projects from Feasibility and Concept, through FEED, Detailed Design, Procurement, Installation, Commissioning and Operational Engineering support.
- Provides technical direction and supervision of personnel and resources in the preparation of all C&I related deliverables.
- Understand Codes and Standards and client specific requirements applicable to work carried out and raises deviations where necessary.
- Participates in Project reviews, HAZOPs and Design Reviews, SIL Assessment & process/controls Safety Management.
- Provides input to vendor review and pre-qualification, bid evaluations and clarifications, vendor meetings, contracting strategy and C&I package deliverables.
- Assists Business Stream Management in preparing proposals.
- Shows good awareness of Project CTRs and the actual time spent creating, checking and approving project deliverables.
- Promotes good communication and co-ordination within C&I and across other disciplines and Regions and encourages sharing of best practice.
Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
- Extensive C&I experience, a significant part of which should be in an engineering consultancy environment.
- Broad C&I related technical background in the design of several of the following: oil / gas / energy sectors; onshore and offshore pipelines and facilities; mid-stream; storage / tank farms; process plants; petrochem plants; FPSO.
- Construction and operations or operations support experience.
- Excellent knowledge of fundamental requirements of C&I engineering and basic requirements of other engineering disciplines.
- Strong technical understanding of control systems including – Integrated Control & Safety Systems (ICSS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition system (SCADA); Fire and Gas, ESD.
- Some knowledge of communication systems including VSAT, cable and Fibre optic selection (sizing and installation) and management of network traffic flow for SCADA, CCTV and LAN’s and WANs associated with local users.
- Extensive experience of relevant National and International Standards and Codes of Practice.
- Knowledge of COMAH compliance on instrumented systems.
- Experience in the regulated industry. G17/ GL5 approver/ Appraiser qualifications along with practical Authorising Engineer/ Competent Person experience desirable.
- Working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication and man management skills.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Control or related Engineering discipline.
- Chartered member or other equivalent institution is desirable.