We are looking for an accomplished, enthusiastic Mechanical Gas Technician to join our growing team in the South West, Wales and West Midlands business area. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the main tasks for this role will be to safely operate, maintain, repair and improve our client’s assets in the Energy sector.
We are seeking applicants with minimum NVQ level 3 in Mechanical Maintenance or equivalent gas industry qualification. Good computing skills and organisational capabilities in solving technical problems quickly and efficiently, ability to work independently are crucial for consideration.
Candidates should be able to work in the South West, Wales and West Midlands area on a daily basis and must have the flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the business and to work in other locations. The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Monitor condition of equipment and maintain comprehensive records of vehicle stock.
- Ensure full and detailed records are maintained on all plant operations.
- Carry out assigned activities on all equipment associated with Gas transportation (planned; defect; projects activities).
- Maintenance of a variety of gas process equipment; commission, overhaul, functional checks, etc.
- Compliance with company HSE policies and reporting on any findings via company systems.
- Be willing to participate in call out rota for emergency call out.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Be capable of lifting & manual handling.
- Be a Team Player and be able to work alone as well.
- Hold a full driving licence that entitles you to drive in the UK (max 6 points).
Penspen offer an attractive basic salary plus stand-by and call out payments, pension scheme, tools, phone / Handheld device, company van and fuel card for business use. The priority for the current roles is our South West, Wales and West Midlands region but if you aren’t able to work in that area then we will still welcome applicants to register on our data base for future opportunities in other regions.Apply