This is a key technical leadership role in Penspen’s Asset Integrity business tasked with building the operations integrity consulting business, developing client relations and executing technical work in cooperation with the Company’s Centre of Engineering Excellence, Engineering & Project Management and Asset Management streams. Additionally, the position will have input into mentoring junior engineers, recruiting staff, marketing, business development and engineering capability development.
This is a business leadership role with a wide scope for personal autonomy and significant responsibility for the work of others.
Project execution, marketing, proposals within the discipline as required for the asset integrity team including:
- Accountability for management and execution of projects plus technical support of projects as required.
- Maintaining a technical dialog with key clients.
- Responsibility for preparing technical proposals.
- Traveling to regions to support activities as required.
- Providing assistance in technical audit programmes within the discipline, in accordance with Penspen’s Technical Governance and QA procedures.
- Developing Penspen’s technical brand by engaging with industry clients and proactively supporting: the publication of papers, external training, conference organisation, Joint Industry Projects (JIPs) and links with institutions and universities.
- Developing and or updating training material and delivery of internal training to staff as nominated by Lead Integrity Consultant.
Development of capability within the discipline including:
- Promoting the benefits and membership of discipline related technical communities.
- Building on the Asset Integrity team’s existing knowledge base including lessons learnt and practical knowhow with input from the discipline technical communities.
- Working with technical discipline communities to develop concepts for new products and services.
- Identifying and assessing the competencies of third parties as required for project execution, mentoring, training, product development, sales and marketing.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Extensive experience in the oil & gas asset integrity engineering sector.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills;
- Recognised within the industry as a specialist in one of the following areas: Asset Maintenance Management (ISO55001); Risk Based Inspection (API580/1); Reliability Centred Maintenance; Onshore and Offshore Legislation and pipeline audit & management systems.
- Proven background in leading teams, developing methods, mentoring individuals and expanding competencies.
- Extensive experience of writing technical proposals and reports.
- Demonstrable engagement within industry via technical committees, conferences and delivering technical papers.
- Knowledge of working within a consultancy environment.
- Solid knowledge of relevant technical software such as SAP; Maximo; Synergi Plant/Pipeline; Riskwise, etc.
- An engineering degree in a related technical discipline is essential, an MSc or higher would be advantageous.
- An established member of a relevant professional body such as IGEM or IMechE.
- A recognised expert or thought leader for the profession would be ideal, but is not essential.