Overview of the role:
Responsible for planning and execution of engineering projects. Monitor status of projects including cost, timing, and staffing. Ensure completion of detailed schedules for projects from initiation to delivery and keep all stakeholders informed of any deviations.
May plan, direct and coordinate project management function to ensure project objectives are met on time and within budget. Monitor critical path schedules and deliverables. Can direct and coordinate staff activities in consultation with Engineering Manager.
- Support business development and proposal teams to ensure bids are contractually and commercially sound.
- Identify and communicate objectives to project team in accordance with contract terms, scope of work and company policies.
- Initiate projects in line with company project management guidelines, including production and maintenance of Project Execution Plan to define comprehensive project requirements.
- Primary point of contact with clients for all project related matters.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationship and manage key stakeholder expectation.
- Responsible for project performance including project expenditure, revenue forecast and cash flow targets within project schedule.
- Define resource requirements of project in liaison with engineering manager / project manager.
- Work with project engineering manager to balance workload through scheduling, re-assignment of work, review of project focus and issue resolution which inhibit project success.
- Monitor progress of project scope and accurately report progress to key stakeholders and escalate any risks and issues.
- Assess variances from project scope, plans, budgets and schedules. Develop and implement changes, as necessary, to meet project scope within time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Oversee all Health, Safety, Environmental and Security requirements across Projects.
- Ensure project is carried out in accordance with Company Quality Policy and procedures.
- Identify potential areas for improvement in current methodologies.
- Represent Penspen Group within oil & gas sector assisting with business development and providing input to bids and proposals.
Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
- Extensive track record of delivering complex projects on time and on budget in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Experience of all phases within a project.
- High level computer literacy with MS Office.
- Interfacing with client, subcontractors etc. as required to accomplish the task / project.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead others.
- Excellent Presentation skills for meetings, conferences etc.
- A degree level qualification in relevant engineering discipline.
- Chartered status desirable.
- Professional registration with PMP / APMP, etc. desirable.