This is 9-12 months permanent FTC role (to cover maternity absence).
Main Purpose of Role:
Responsible for pricing of proposals for clients in the region using pricing tools appropriate for different type of services Penspen provides.
- Support the Region Proposals team in the production of high quality, well presented tenders, submissions, pre-qualifications and EOIs.
- Assess proposal documents, including technical, commercial, legal and risks associated with the project and draft of the bid/no bid form for approval from relevant senior management as required.
- Develop, update and maintain pricing tools appropriate for nature of work each of the three business units (E&PM, AI and AM) provides to the market.
- Overall Region responsibility for the proposal pricing process and, ensure the financial input (exchange rate, tax, payment terms, etc.) is properly assessed and addressed (including drafting of assumptions and qualifications).
- Overall Region responsibility for ensuring the contractual terms and conditions (T&C’s) are in line with Penspen Legal requirements (including qualifications).
- Liaise with Finance to receive all applicable advice in connection with applicable exchange rate, tax (e.g. VAT/WHT implications) and treasury.
- Liaise with Legal to receive all applicable advice in connection with T&C’s, insurances and compliance (e.g. due diligence on (local) sub-contractors / vendors / agents / partners).
- Administrate, maintain and update a cost database for equipment / tool / material used for AM business unit services to be used in costing the AM services proposals.
- Overall Region responsibility for ensuring the Profit and Loss figures are showing an operating profit (OP) percentage higher than the OP target identified by the Region senior management.
- Liaise with bid managers to prepare scope of work for required subcontractors / vendors.
- Assist with quotation challenging, price and contract negotiations with local sub-contractors / vendors / agents / partners Penspen use to fulfil work requirements
- Coordinate input from Bid Managers and internal/external stakeholders (subcontractors) to compile the proposal price.
- Obtain approvals / signatures as stipulated in Penspen procedures and keep record of signed Costing Tool Dash Board Sheet, both in hard and electronic copy in the proposal’s directory.
- Overall responsibility for the quality of the information regarding the Region clients, contacts and opportunities on Penspen’s CRM.
- Own, administrate, maintain registration and monitor on a regular basis industry sites such as FPAL, Achilles, Tenders Direct and other e-tenders portals, as identified by the Region management. Assess opportunities, distribute actions to the relevant parties and close out as required.
- Other duties as directed by line manager.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing written information.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner and in a pressurised environment.
- Strong relationship and networking skills.
- Highly organised and efficient administrative skills.
- Reliable, responsible and safety-conscious.
- Educated to degree level.
- Excellent use of Excel is a must.
- Excellent use of Power Point, Word and Adobe Acrobat.