Main Purpose of the Role:
Provide advice and guidance on all commercial and contractual issues relating to the provision of services and materials for Penspen projects.
- Maintaining cost control on a project basis throughout all functions (procurement, delivery, design etc.).
- Using knowledge of NEC3 contractual terms and conditions to provide contractual advice to project and operational personnel. Informing appropriate management of project contractual issues and points of dispute and resolution. Ensuring project personnel understand the application issues of the contractual conditions.
- Accountable for the collating, interpreting and analysing of project commercial records.
- Responsible for reviewing and monitoring project cost/value against the Project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in line with project requirements and CVR Procedures.
- Identifying risks and opportunities to project spend/budgets.
- Managing subcontract packages as per contract terms and conditions; ensuring payments and change are monitored and supervised.
- Ensuring that all Early Warning Notifications, Notifications of Compensation Events, Quotations, etc. produced to the required standards and submitted in accordance with contractual time scales.
- Interpreting specific Conditions of Contract in order to give accurate information and advice to others in respect of their application. Protecting Penspen’s contractual position. Developing and amending contractual conditions as appropriate during the contract life cycle.
- Preparing, reviewing and submitting applications for payment in the format and time required under the Contract. Ensuring that a correctly detailed invoice is raised and submitted in a timely manner and monitor payment
- Motivating the contract commercial teams to exceed the requirements of agreed project and business commercial key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Ensuring that the commercial teams record and monitor contract costs against the contract budget.
- Managing contract reviews covering commercial performance and commercial risk.
- Certifying the maintenance of records necessary to comply with audit requirements.
- Identifying and assessing Compensation Events and guaranteeing adherence to Penspen’s ethical standards.
- Project sizes of up to £10m per annum.
Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
- Demonstrable, appropriate business experience in a commercial role.
- A good knowledge of the Substations, Overhead Lines and/or other Utility markets.
- Extensive background in NEC 3 Forms of Contract.
- Specific knowledge and network within the UK and European Market.
- Solid technical understanding of the operations and maintenance sector.
- A relevant Degree in commercial and / or business management.