Main Purpose of Role:
Deliver Pipeline discipline engineering services for the UK and Europe region in support of green and brown field projects and studies of varying size, duration and complexity for Clients in diverse energy, oil and gas and infrastructure related industry sectors.
Part of the Europe Engineering and Project Management Service Line and based in Bristol, the role will also provide Pipeline support to the Europe Asset Management and Asset Integrity Service lines and occasionally other Regions.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with corporate, project and client procedures and requirements as well as Penspen Group ISO 9001 Accredited Quality System, including ISO 14001 Environmental Procedures and ISO 18001 Health and Safety Procedures.
- Develop and deliver Pipeline related scope for studies and projects from Feasibility and Concept, through FEED, Detailed Design, Procurement, Installation, Commissioning and Operational Engineering support.
- Undertake and supervise the preparation of all Pipeline related activities and deliverables including design criteria, route selection, AGI 3D models, calculations, wall thickness selection, pipeline stress analysis, equipment specifications and data sheets, material selection, layouts and arrangements, installation details, and material MTOs.
- Undertake vendor review and pre-qualification, bid evaluations and clarifications, vendor meetings, contracting strategy and Pipeline package deliverables.
- Participate in site visits, Project reviews, Risk assessments, HAZOPs and Design Reviews, constructability review.
- Interpret and apply Pipeline industry standards and codes affecting design work and project deliverables.
- Assist Business Stream Management in preparing proposals by providing technical expertise.
- Promote effective communication and co-ordination within Pipeline and across other disciplines and Regions, and encourage sharing of best practice.
- Maintain a strong awareness of project CTRs and time spent developing, checking, approving and revising project deliverables.
- Promote implementation of Penspen design standards and work practice.
- Mentor and develop less experienced engineers.
Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
- A broad Pipeline related technical background in the design of several of the following: oil / gas / energy sectors; onshore and offshore pipelines and facilities; mid-stream; storage / tank farms; process plants; petrochem plants; FPSO.
- Experience in feasibility, concept selection, FEED and detailed design, stress analysis.
- Working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Extensive experience of relevant National and International Standards and Codes of Practice (ASME B31.4/B31.8, BS PD 8010, IGEM/TD/1, API 5L, API 6D etc).
- Site, construction and operations or operations support experience.
- Experience in the regulated industry. G17/ GL5 approver/ Appraiser qualifications along with practical Authorising Engineer/ Competent Person experience desirable.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver efficient analytical solutions to engineering design tasks.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrating ability to manage and provide technical guidance to engineers.
- An engineering degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. An M.Sc. in pipeline engineering is desirable.
- Chartered membership of an appropriate institution is desirable.