Due to the growing level of services that Penspen’s Asset Management business is delivering to gas distribution networks in the UK , we currently have a key requirement for a trainer to deliver high quality technical training programmes and solutions that will ensure the competency of Penspen’s internal and external learners. Based at our Training Centre in Neath (south Wales) this important role will be strongly focused on leading our learners in the development of the knowledge, skills and experience required for gas pipelines operations and pressure control.
Key Responsibilities of the position:
- Devise robust technical training solutions to meet learners’ needs and Penspen’s operational requirements.
- Create clear learning objectives, generate appropriate course content and produce course agendas & training schedules
- Prepare high quality training & development material (presentations, assessments, group activities etc.).
- Deliver and facilitate training & development sessions, webinars, workshops etc.
- Organise and conduct on-site training where necessary.
- Maintain and report on course attendance, completion, pass rates, learner feedback, etc.
- Observe and evaluate results of training & development programs to determine overall effectiveness of training & development programs and facilitate improvements.
- Support the Head of Technical Training in the development of annual plans for marketing and delivery of Penspen’s internal and external courses including NVQs, Gas Safe, VS02, etc.
- Assist the Training Coordinator in ensuing the currency and robustness of Penspen’s Training Matrix, Training Database, employees STCs/Competency CVs and Training Files.
Required Experience & Skills:
- A demonstrable technical knowledge of, and experience working within, the Gas Network Maintenance sector.
- The ability to communicate in a professional manner in a pressurised working environment.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal skills with a capability to work individually, or as part of a team.
- Organised and efficient.
- Preferred but not essential-
- Previous background in technical training.
- Knowledge of modern training techniques in technical subjects.
- Experience in designing technical course content.
- Capacity to deliver NVQs, Gas Safe, VS02, etc.
- A high standard of general education to at least GCSE O-Level capability.
- Level 3 NVQ, or equivalent, in a Gas Network Maintenance or similar subject.
- A training qualification would be advantageous.
- Proficient computing skills required in MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).