Isolation, Venting and Purging Course
2019 Booking Open!
This two day course on isolation, venting and purging provides hands-on experience in the isolation, maintenance and operation of gas transmission systems. Training is provided in a controlled environment, avoiding operational disruption. The course is suitable for managers, engineers and technicians working in power generation, industry and gas supply.
On completion of this course delegates will:
- Understand the operating standards and the legislation that impacts upon owners and operators of gas pipelines and assets;
- Recognise safe working practices in hazardous areas including site entry, safe use of electrical equipment and emergency/evacuation procedures;
- Be able to safely isolate, vent and purge a section of gas pipeline and plant in line with industry best practice using both direct and indirect purging methods.
UK gas industry legislation and best practice
• Industry standards
• Best practice, codes and standards
• Hazardous areas – zoning and equipment;
• Site entry procedures;
• Emergency and evacuation procedures;
• Gas sampling.
System design, isolation, venting and purging
• Safe plant isolation;
• Isolation using plug valves;
• Venting and purging;
• Venting a ball valve;
• Trapped gas;
• Select and fit equipment;
• Displacement purge of heat exchanger;
• Dilution purge of heat exchanger;
• Skid units;
• Purge regulator installation from air to gas;
• Purge and commission complex pipe system.
Who Should Attend?
Managers, engineers and technicians involved with gas systems above 7 bar
Penspen has one of the best equipped facilities in the UK for training on high pressure gas at a purpose-built centre in South Wales. The building includes a classroom with modern presentation equipment, a large workshop with several high pressure skid units and bays with distribution regulator sets.
Accommodation can be arranged at a local hotel for a special discounted rate exclusive to Penspen.
W/C 15th April
W/C 26th August
W/C 4th November
W/C 27th January
W/C 6th April
W/C 18th May
W/C 29th June
Book early to avoid disappointment.
Lunches and refreshments will be provided throughout this short course.
Register Your Interest
To register an interest in this course please contact Learning Services at firstname.lastname@example.org