Isolation, Venting and Purging Course
This two day course on isolation, venting and purging provides hands-on experience in the isolation, maintenance and operation of gas transmission systems. Training is provided in a controlled environment, avoiding operational disruption. The course is suitable for managers, engineers and technicians working in power generation, industry and gas supply.
On completion of this course delegates will:
- Understand the operating standards and the legislation that impacts upon owners and operators of gas pipelines and assets;
- Recognise safe working practices in hazardous areas including site entry, safe use of electrical equipment and emergency/evacuation procedures;
- Be able to safely isolate, vent and purge a section of gas pipeline and plant in line with industry best practice using both direct and indirect purging methods.
UK gas industry legislation and best practice
• Industry standards
• Best practice, codes and standards
• Hazardous areas – zoning and equipment;
• Site entry procedures;
• Emergency and evacuation procedures;
• Gas sampling.
System design, isolation, venting and purging
• Safe plant isolation;
• Isolation using plug valves;
• Venting and purging;
• Venting a ball valve;
• Trapped gas;
• Select and fit equipment;
• Displacement purge of heat exchanger;
• Dilution purge of heat exchanger;
• Skid units;
• Purge regulator installation from air to gas;
• Purge and commission complex pipe system.
Who Should Attend?
Managers, engineers and technicians involved with gas systems above 7 bar
Penspen has one of the best equipped facilities in the UK for training on high pressure gas at a purpose-built centre in South Wales. The building includes a classroom with modern presentation equipment, a large workshop with several high pressure skid units and bays with distribution regulator sets.
Accommodation can be arranged at a local hotel for a special discounted rate exclusive to Penspen.
2nd-3rd February 2021
16th-17th March 2021
25th-26th May 2021
6th-7th July 2021
5th-6th October 2021
16th-17th November 2021
Lunches and refreshments will be provided throughout this short course.
Register Your Interest
To register an interest in this course please contact the Penspen training team.