This course aims to provide participants with a knowledge of how to implement and manage PIMS in order to better identify, understand and control risks posed to pipelines.
The course is relevant at all stages in the life of a pipeline from design through to operations, including change of service and life extension. It also applies to all duties be it hydrocarbon, hydrogen, CO2 or water.
– Pipeline managers, engineers and designers involved with pipeline operations, pipeline integrity management, their inspection, maintenance and repair
– Pipeline managers, engineers and designers involved in the design and construction of pipelines
– Pipeline engineers and designers who require knowledge of risk assessment and management
– Managers and engineers involved in risk assessment and management or engineers who require a good, broad, understanding of the topics.
– To explain how, by implementing a robust pipeline integrity management system, pipeline risks can be identified, understood and controlled, such that they are reduced to a minimum and pipeline integrity is achieved
– To explain the arrangements that must be put in place to achieve long term pipeline integrity
– To discuss the opportunities and requirements for life extension and change of duty
– Overview and introduction to PIMS
– PIMS Policy
– PIMS Organisation
– PIMS Planning and Implementation
– Measuring PIMS Performance
– Reviewing PIMS Performance and Auditing
Duraid Alkazraji, Senior Consultant at Penspen
Duraid is a Chartered Engineer and member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and Industrial Affiliate with the Institution of Gas Engineers. Having worked as a pipeline engineer for 22 years, 7 of which as a pipeline inspector with the HSE involved in pipeline inspections, major investigations, enforcement and prosecutions. In addition, Duraid has managed and completed a large number of projects as a consultant with Advantica and GL (now GL-DNV) for several major pipeline operators and gas networks, and has for over 10 years been working with and advising on pipeline integrity management and fitness for service. Duraid was also the Pipeline Technical Authority on the significant pan-European pipeline project, the Trans Adriatic Pipeline.
Register now through the form below and our team will be in touch shortly
Please note that places are limited to ensure that delegates receive the best possible experience.
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields
18th – 19th April
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
With option to join both in person or online.
Early bird offer – £1,450
Standard price – £1,800 per attendee