Taking place annually on 10th October, World Mental Health Day is an international campaign to bring awareness to the support available for mental health issues.
This year’s World Mental Health Day was focused around the theme of “Mental Health is a Universal Human Right”, dedicated to addressing the inequalities in mental health and working towards good mental health for all.
1 in 4
people worldwide will experience a mental health issue in their lifetime.
1 in 6
people experience a common mental health problem in any given week.
What Mental Health Means to our People
In a new mental health video, our global employees share their thoughts on how to maintain your mental health. Tips and recommendations include:
- Take time to reflect over your mental status
- Be kind to yourself, and don’t shy away from talking to people
- There’s support out there – friends, family, professionals, or GP etc
- Try and keep active – a healthy body enables a healthy mind
- Spend time outdoors, preferably in nature
- Surround yourself with animals – they bring you both health and happiness
- Socialise with friends and family
- Maintain a good work-life balance – find a de-stress activity work for you